Thank you everyone who entered the KOOEE Dad Joke Competition. Our resident “Dad Joke Expert” Tony Fist was thrilled to judge everyone’s submissions. We had over 60 entries for 8 prizes. The prizes were awarded at Tony’s discretion, although he did have a system of rating each joke on “funny rating” and “dad rating” (double weighted).
You can see all the jokes in their entirety on our FB or Instagram pages, but here are the results for the top 20. Tony weighted the “Dad score” by a factor of two, to ensure he was capturing the Dad-ness of the jokes adequately.
|Rank||From||Joke||Funny score||Dad score||Total score|
(funny + 2X Dad score)
|10||Jeremy Cheung||ground beef||4.5||5||14.5|
|14||Dwayne Irvine||Toilet seat||4.6||4.8||14.2|
|15||Ashley Hart||Magic dog||4.25||4.9||14.05|
We may eventually get the energy to transpose all of these jokes onto the page, but here are our top ten, for your cringing pleasure:
10. What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef.
9. What’s the opposite to ‘isolate’? ‘Yousoearly’.
8. What did one crayfish say to the other crayfish? “Oh my god! A talking crayfish!”
7. What’s an astronaut’s favourite part of a computer? The space bar.
6. What do you call someone with no body and no nose? Nobody knows.
5. A grasshopper walks into a bar. The bartender says “Hey, we’ve got a drink named after you!” The grasshopper says “What, Kevin?
4. What do you call a fly with no wings? A Walk.
3. People are usually shocked when they find out how bad of an electrician I am…
2. Why did the plane crash? Because the pilot was a loaf of bread.
AND #1, in all it’s glory:
- Have you seen my step ladder? I never really knew my real ladder.
Congratulations to the winners, you’ve already been contacted and prizes will be dispatched today (September 4).
End of week 1: